Our Mission & Values
The mission of Mississippi Valley Christian School is to assist parents in fulfilling their God-given responsibility of training their children to be conformed to the image of Christ spiritually, academically, socially, and physically in order to fulfill the Great Commission.
- We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God.
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary, the Virgin, and is the Son of God, and is God the Son.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture, the Just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God.
- We believe that He rose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures.
- We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
- We believe that Christ will come again in person, bodily, visibly, to establish His Kingdom on earth.
- We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again –“Ye must be born again.” (John 3:7)
- We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord’s death, burial and resurrection.
- We believe that the local church is a body of baptized believers whose mission is to glorify God and to preach the Gospel to a lost world.
Statement of Human Sexuality
We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside the bond of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29, I Cor. 5:1; 6:9; I Thess.4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; I Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23)